Providing Car Insurance Throughout New York State, Including Buffalo, Clarence, Williamsville, Lockport, Akron and Alden.
"I would never go anywhere else with my insurance needs! While we have been blessed to not have too many claims and as such I don't always have regular contact with my account rep at Emerling but I know even when I'm not thinking about them, they are there taking care of me."
Karen Van Houtte, Clarence, NY Click to see more reviews like Karen's
Some insurance companies offer 10-15% discount by bundling your home and auto insurance. Let us take a look and find the best coverage at the right price for your situation.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
We will find auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (We will talk to you about good driver, multiple policy, NYS Defensive Driver, and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.) Be assured we will be there along the way to help you when you're in need!
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Thank you for your interest in Emerling Agency. Contact us today via email to talk with one of our professional insurance agents or call us at 716-631-0190.
New York Distracted Driving Laws: What to Know
Does Getting a Parking Ticket Raise Insurance Rates?
What is Comprehensive Coverage for Auto Insurance?